Some of our favourite Restaurants
We are extremely fortunate in that there are too many restaurants to list here. Some of our favourites include:
- Hotel du Commerce, Civray. Centrally located offering a great food with a warm welcome, lovely to sit outside in the summer, riverside.
- Pizzeria O’Napoli, Civray. Great for an informal Italian meal or a pizza takeaway.
- O City’ven, Civray. Great lunchtime menus, situated on the market square.
- Resto de la Plage (camp site, open April to October), very informal family friendly menus, riverside
- La Salamandre Bar/Bistro, Lizant. Bistro styled pub set by a stream. Fab burgers and pizzas and a great atmosphere.
- Café Portebleue, Verteuil-sur-Charente. Set in the beautiful village of Verteuil on the Charente river and a throwing distance of the beautiful chateau.
- Le Moulin de Condac, Condac (16 kms). Lovely restaurant situated riverside, great food and service.
- Le Bouton d’or, Saint-Romain (9.5 kms). Highly rated on Tripadvisor.
- Le Rejallant, Ruffec (18 kms). Fabulous food, restaurant situated riverside.
- Le Moulin de Verteuil, Verteuil-sur-Charente (22 kms) Gastro pub situated on the river of a beautiful village, offering amongst its large menu the best brioche you could ever taste.
Other restaurants will be listed in the information pack supplied in each gite or can be found, along with other info on https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk